Raghu Raghuram Biography | Life History and Success Story
Who is Raghu Raghuram?
Bio, Wiki & Everything you need to know about the new Vmware CEO: Rangarajan (Raghu) Raghuram.
Raghu Raghuram, in full Rangarajan Raghu Raghuram, is 59, born in India, graduated from IIT Bombay, and moved to the USA for further studies. He joined VMware’s Server Business unit in the year 2003 when the company was a 5-year-old startup. Became CEO of VMware on 12th May 2021.
Before the VMware company, he worked in management and marketing roles at Netscape and Bang Networks, Inc. As of 2023 Raghu Raghuram’s net worth is estimated $70.6 Million dollars.
At Vmware, he held multiple product management and solutions marketing positions from September 2003 to December 2009. Later he served as the Senior Vice President and General Manager, Cloud Infrastructure and Management, Virtualization and Cloud Platforms, and Enterprise Products, from December 2009 to March 2012. Eventually, he became the Executive Vice President of the company.
Raghuram’s company VMware software facilitates the world’s complex digital infrastructure. Its cloud, app modernization, networking, security, and digital workspace offerings aid the customers in delivering any application on any cloud across any device.
Its headquarters is located in Palo Alto, California, USA. The company is committed to being powerful for good, from its breakthrough technology innovations to its global impact.
Raghuram possesses a wealth of knowledge related to VMware from both a products and innovation standpoint along with its culture.
It’s been 17 years and 10 months since Raghuram came to VMware as director of product management in the year 2003 and came up with flying colours of success by securing various ranks upwards to his current position as COO of products and cloud services.
- Raghuram has played a significant role in the company’s merger and acquisition strategy. In addition, his indispensable presence aided in driving partnerships with Dell Technologies, hyper-scalers and other strategic partners.
- According to VMware’s SEC filing, the newly appointed CEO Raghuram will report directly to the VMware board of directors. Also, as the new leader of the company, he will be nominated for election to the board.
- Raghuram is delighted about the new possibilities and opportunities that will come their way as a company. VMware is set to become an independent company for the first time since the year 2004.
- Before this news broke, Raghuram wasn’t very active on Twitter, Linkedin or any other social media platform. Surprisingly, he used Twitter last in the year 2017. However, recently when he posted a tweet announcing his new position as a CEO, his followers started to rapidly increase and the numbers seem to grow further. As of now, he has 11,800+ followers, which is relatively higher than before his CEO announcement. Seeking this into perspective Raghuram will most likely now pursue support from VMware for his social media activities and posts that can drive more people to his accounts.
Raghu Raghuram: Educational Background
Raghu Raghuram completed his Masters in Business Administration from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in the year 1996 and also holds a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering from the (IIT Bombay) Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai.
When did Raghu Raghuram become VMware CEO?
On 12 May 2021, VMware announced Raghu Raghuram to fill a spot as its new Chief Executive Officer.
Raghu has replaced the company’s former CEO, Pat Gelsinger, who contributed a lot towards the organization, however, left to take up Intel’s CEO job on 15th February.
Zane Rowe VMware company’s Chief Financial Officer will be serving as the CEO in the interim. And Raghuram will take the reins in the month of June this year, as officially stated by the company. He is regarded as an industry veteran, who is a strategic business leader. He is currently holding the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer position presently (Products and Cloud Services at VMware).
Raghu Raghuram (Vmware CEO) Net worth in 2023
Currently working as a Chief Operating Officer for the Products and Cloud Services department at Vmware, he gets a hefty compensation, which is $14,015,700. Whereas as of 1st April 2023, his estimated net worth is at least $70.6 Million dollars.
Raghu Raghuram Stock Ownerships & Equity Awards
Raghuram owns over 30,777 units of VMware stock that are worth around $29,944,312. In addition, over the last 8 years, he sold VMW stock worth over $38,622,065, (per wallmine).
In April 2021, Raghuram was granted Restricted Stock Unit and Performance Stock Unit awards whose total target value was $8 million. So, when he took charge as the new CEO, VMware recommended its committee to grant additional equity awards to Raghuram, which held a total target value of $5 million.
This is as per the information given by VMware’s SEC filing.
Raghu Raghuram Facts, Salary & Key Highlights
Raghuram is elated to take charge of the CEO Position where he mentioned “I am honoured, humbled and excited to have been chosen to lead this company to a new phase of growth. We have an enormous opportunity, the right solutions, right team, and we’ll continue to execute it with focus, passion, and agility.”
Before we conclude this article, let us take you through some of the most interesting facts about him and his company:
- Raghu Raghuram’s annual salary as the new CEO effective 1st June will be $1 million as per VMware 8-K filing with the SEC.
- Raghuram will soon turn 58 and will be eligible to participate in the company’s benefit plans and programs along with the company’s Executive Bonus Plan. Starting from 1st June 2021, he will also be eligible for an annual target bonus opportunity of 150% on his base pay.
- Raghuram has committed that his company VMware will keep its deep and strong product innovation and go-to-market partnership consistent with Dell for the next 5 years through signing a commercial agreement. He also mentioned in the news that he plans to make VMware the world leader in multi-cloud computing.
- Sumit Dhawan who was previously the Sr. Vice President and Chief Customer Officer at VMware had helped the company in designing the business strategy for emerging multi-cloud and subscriptions offerings. As VMware transforms the manner in which the customers can consume VMware services. So, seeking his extensive experience in building and scaling subscription businesses along with his customer-centric orientation. It is believed that Sumit Dhawan will be the most appropriate professional to assist Raghuram. Dhawan can aid Raghuram towards the endeavour of evolving VMware into a SaaS and subscription company.
- VMware revenue for its 1st quarter is anticipated to be $2.99 billion, with an increase of 9.5% year over year. According to Raghuram and his important perspective, the combination of subscription and SaaS and license revenue is anticipated to hit $1.38 billion, which is an increase of 12.5% year over year.
According to the news statement (businesswire), Raghuram said “VMware is uniquely poised to lead the multi-cloud computing era with an end-to-end software platform spanning clouds, the data centre and the edge, helping to accelerate our customers’ digital transformations.”
- Also Read | Firoz Alam IPS Biography and Success Story
Raghu Raghuram’s life’s success story inspires everyone to stay focused on their goals. We hope that Raghuram’s indispensable presence, loyalty towards VMware and new responsibilities will best shape the company and make it reach the peak of success.
Raghu Raghuram: FAQs
Whats the net worth of Raghu Raghuram (Vmware CEO)?
|As of September 2023, Raghu Raghuram’s estimated net worth is about $70.6 Million US dollars.
How Old is Raghu Raghuram?
|Raghu Raghuram is currently 59 years old.
What is Raghu Raghuram’s Salary as Vmware CEO?
Raghu’s salary as VMware CEO is $1 million+ as per VMware 8-K filing with the SEC. (estimated, 2023 figures)
Where does Raghu Raghuram live?
Raghu lives in Cupertino, California, USA with his family.
Where was Raghu Raghuram born?
Raghu was born in India and he did Masters degree in Electrical Engineering from IIT Bombay, then moved to USA for the further studies.