Switzerland declared 26th May as the Science Day in honor of visiting of former president Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
Considering his vast expertise in the field of science and technology Switzerland considered the president as the father of India’s missile program.
He performed many roles as a great scientist, teacher, president, and motivator and above all played a role of a great human being.
He is known as the Missile man of India who dedicated every moment of his life for the growth of the nation.
He is the only man who born in India, studied in India, worked in India and also died in India. There were three visions of APJ Abdul Kalam, and they are :
- Firstly he wanted Freedom; he believes that it is this freedom that we all should protect, nurture and build on, he believes that if we are not free nobody in this world will respect us.
- Secondly, his vision is development; he always worked for the development of the nation. He considered the people of India lack self-confidence to observe the nation as a developed one.
- Third vision of APJ Abdul Kalam was India should stand up to the world as he believes that unless India stands up, no one will respect. Only strength respects the strength, and we should be strong physically as well as economically.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam was an inspirational personality and was a down to earth person. Below are some facts about him which you should know :
- When he was President of India, he donated his salaries and alls savings to trust which he founded, i.e. PURA Providing Urban Amenities to Rural Areas.
- In 2015 the time he visited Lakshmi Vidya Sangham he refused to sit on the special chair and sat on same chairs that all students use. He also did the same thing in 2012 when he attended the function at Defence Food Research Laboratory (DFRL).
- Even though he was the president of India, he went to meet his cobbler who used to chat with him the time he repaired his shoes.
- He wanted Rashtrapati Bhawan to be the first adobe in India to be powered by solar energy. Unfortunately, his term ended prior to his proposal.
Icons come and pass away leaving their body, but their souls remain with us. India has lost one of the greatest sons, salute to him for his enormous contributions to the nation.
Photo : commons.wikimedia